Monday, March 21, 2011

Settling in

Today I found a place to live!! After asking around, hoping to rent a room from a Russian lady or family or rent an apartment with a Russian girl my age, a girl from church invited me to live with her and her mother. I visited them today and was very blessed by their fellowship and felt at home in their apartment. On Wednesday I will be moving in!

Also, the process of getting medical tests done to prove I don't have a bunch of diseases (so that I can apply for my temporary residents visa) has went very smoothly. For the past week and a half I have been in four clinics, once to be tested and then again to pick up the results. I have all the results except one, that I will pick up on Wednesday. My American documents are being translated and then I will have those notarized on Friday and hopefully be on a bus to Tuva on Saturday. I don't know how long it will take me to submit all of my necessary documents for the visa once I'm down there, but I sure would appreciate prayers for this process to go very smoothly and quickly without problems that can't easily or quickly be fixed.

All in all, things are going very well! I am still tired a lot of the time but that's to be expected. Perhaps once my visa application is submitted and I am moved into the apartment I will be able to relax a bit more and catch up on rest. Thank you, thank you for your prayers!

2 comments:

Kevnomi said...

Congrats on your 'Gorky' apartment. Hope it all goes well for you!

Kevnomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.