Tuesday, August 25, 2009

From Home to Home

As I type I am in the Denver Airport waiting to fly to Chicago then to Moscow then to Novosibirsk - "home". But I'm also COMING from "home". My 33 days back in the States went by pretty stinkin' fast and it was stinkin' hard to say goodbye to family - somethings God calls us to do just plain stink.

I type to say "hello" to those I didn't get a chance to see (please understand how busy my schedule was) and to say "until next time" to those I was blessed to hug and say hello to.

I am so blessed with supportive understanding parents, that allowed me to "get down to business" during my short time in the States and shared me with others. (I know my mom would like you all to know that I was "home" home for only 8 nights and those were not consecutive.) Durring the 32 hours I had with JUST my parents at home was filled with ping-pong, Yatzee, Clue, Sorry and ALOT of talking!

I would appreciate your prayers as I head back to The Mother Land and get back into my life over there - Russian language and Russian culture. Also, please pray for my parents as they adjust to another 10 months (or so) with me half-way around the world.

Thanks for reading and praying!

3 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Praying for safe travels and easy transition back into your other home.

Unknown said...

ooohhh my heart aches for your mom...i know its so hard to let go

spackle sisters said...

Glad you had a good time. I saw pictures from your 4 H days...looked interesting! Love you!