Sunday, March 8, 2009

3 Russian Cars Worth a Picture

There's not too much depth to this blog – just a quick look at Russian culture.

“The Fresh Maker”

I don't know why, but this candy delivery vehicle struck me as funny – with the word “Mentos” written on the side of the car I couldn't resist

“Can you see the mini-coop?”

This car (to the left) is parked outside a neighboring apartment building that I walk by almost every day. As far as I know, it has never left this packing space in the 5+ months that I have lived here. During our heavy winter snows I kept wanting to take a picture of this cute little mini-coop getting covered with snow. On the day of this picture, I decided I better take it before you couldn't tell there was a car there!

“No, they're not Rubber”

I walked out of my way to make sure I caught a picture of this car – but as I took the picture I realized that there was 2 guys sitting inside the car staring at me and decided to be on my way

As I saw and heard of car owners frustrations during the Siberian winter (with almost no one using heated garages) I am thankful for 2 good legs and cheep public transportation!

No comments: