Friday, March 27, 2009

I can't believe how warm it is today!

As I write this I am wearing a tank top and shorts, my window's open, the sun is shinning and my thermometer reads 16 C (60 F) . . . though I should add – I'm also wearing slippers the heat in the apartment is roaring and that thermometer is in the sun. Last night it didn't get below freezing – we are truly experiencing spring . . . FOR NOW. (That is my disclaimer for when I wake up tomorrow and it's 14 F - like it was just a few days ago).

2 days ago I took a few pictures of our “beautiful” spring, though with today's weather I feel I need to take some more of the flooded streets and the 3 foot deep “sink-holes” in the snow packed walking-paths. My socks were a bit damp after the walk home from school today – after trudging through water and slush.

It was nice of them to start clearing sidewalks . . . the one below is surrounded by 3 foot banks on each side (you forget just how high off the ground you are walking on all that snow)

This area of ground has to have some kind of sewer line under it - for so much snow and ice to melt so much faster then other parts of the road . . .

It's so "exciting" to see just what all is underneath all that snow . . . evidence would show there there are a lot of dogs, drunks and smokers around . . .

1 comment:

CristyLynn said...

I can so sympathize with this post! We have had several days of sun, for which we are very grateful. You can actually feel the warmth from the sun! It's still pretty cold, below freezing the last few days, but it's beautiful. When there's no wind (like maybe 5 total minutes in one day), you could almost say that it's warm. :)
Enjoy the spring swamps, but the warmer temps definitely make up for it.